- Questo evento è passato.
Contemporary Architecture & Natural Materials
maggio 19 @ 10:00 am - maggio 25 @ 9:00 pm| Gratuito
Contemporary Architecture & Natural Materials, projects in the world
“Piliko” group – a non-profit organization, in collaboration with the Technical University of Crete – School of Architecture and the Centre for Mediterranean Architecture (Κ.Ε.Π.ΠΕ.ΔΗ.Χ. – ΚΑΜ) are organizing the 3rd two-day Conference and Architectural Exhibition on “Contemporary Architecture & Natural Materials, applications in the world”.
The two-day lectures focus on international architecture with natural materials (clay, straw, reed, hemp, wood, etc.), looking at it from its technical and aesthetic aspect.
The lectures will cover the following topics:
– Form: Contemporary forms of expression of Architecture with natural materials.
– Cities: Prospects of building with natural materials within the urban context.
– DIY: Methods of building with the participation of the actual users of the structures.
– Locality: Forms of expression with natural materials (materials, techniques, aesthetics) in relation to the climate and cultural particularities of a place.
– Restoration: Methods and techniques of intervention in traditional and historic clay buildings.
The Conference will be held on Saturday the 19th of May and Sunday the 20th of May in Hall A on the 1st floor of the CAM.
Lectures from invited speakers from abroad will be held in English.
The Exhibition will take place in the exhibition hall on the ground floor of the CAM and will start on Saturday the19th of May and last until Friday the 25th of May with opening hours:
10:00 – 14:00 & 18:00 – 21:00
A. Mousourakis, G. Andresakis, I.G. Inglezakis, C. Oiry – Piliko
A. Vazakas – TUC, School of Architecture
Entrance to the public at all events is free